|Web Reg Available to:||
Non Member: 02/20/2018 @ 12:00A - 05/28/2018 @ 12:00A
Member: 02/20/2018 @ 12:00A - 05/28/2018 @ 12:00A
|Ages:||16 years and Up|
Adult Enrichment Member Fees: $110.00 (Required)
Adult Enrichment Non-Member Fees: $125.00 (Required)
Pam Raskin has been making beaded jewelry for 15 years. Her handcrafted jewelry business, Gembellishments, was established in 2005 and specializes in one-of-a-kind jewelry creations. Visit gembellishments.com for a design preview.
Class fee includes materials.
ADULT BEADING FUNDAMENTALS WORKSHOPS - Mondays 7-8:30 pm
Program Description: Interested in making jewelry but not sure where to start? This four-part series will introduce you to the most popular techniques used to make beaded necklaces, bracelets and earrings. Designed as an introduction if you are new to this craft but is also helpful if you would like to reinforce your skills. Class fee includes materials.
Ages: 16 and up (Great mother/daughter activity!)
Class length: Each class will last between 1.5 and 2 hours
Maximum class size: 10
Class One: Basic Stringing - Introduction to the four-part series and the types of jewelry that you will be making.
- Design overview, including patterning and clasp options, will be presented as a frame of reference for creating beautiful beaded necklaces and bracelets.
- Explanation of tools and supplies needed to get started stringing beads.
- Description of the techniques used to properly finish a piece and add the clasp.
- You will have made a finished bracelet by the end of class.
Class Two: Knotting- Learn to knot silk to make the popular Boho-style pieces as well as classic knotted pearl necklaces and bracelets.
- Overview of the different types of stringing materials that can be used for different projects so you will have the proper supply list to continue your work at home.
- Demonstration of the knotting technique to practice during class.
- You will have made a finished 16- necklace by the end of the class.
Class Three: Wire-working - This versatile technique provides a foundation to learn how to make all types of interesting and fashionable jewelry.
- Overview of the different gauges and types of wire and how they are used.
- Explanation and demonstration of the wire wrapping technique using spooled wire and headpins.
- You will have made a finished set of earrings by the end of class.
Class Four: Wire Findings- Learn how to make your own clasps, earring wires and jewelry components with minimal investment in tools and materials.
- Learn how this fundamental skill will ignite your creativity to make all types of interesting jewelry including multi-media necklaces and bracelets as well as unique earrings.
- We will use free-form design and hammering techniques to finish connectors that will put your personal mark on your jewelry.
- You will have made a custom clasp by the end of class.
- Class ends with a Q&A session and time to complete any unfinished pieces.